Page rank is an algorithm that is used by Google to assign a numerical weighting to a particular webpage, website or a blog. It is plays an important role in search engine ranking of any blog or website. Although its effect on search engine ranking has significantly decreasing with evolution of SEO , but it is still an important factor.
Page Rank indicates the importance of a particular webpage on internet. Higher page rank means a webpage is popular, on the other hand lower page rank means less popular webpage. Hyperlinks pointing to a webpage is counted as an vote of support. It means that a webpage with large number of hyper links pointed to it has better page rank, but it also depends on the page rank on webpage that is giving hyper link to your article. For example : Suppose there are 2 webpage named A, and B. Page A is getting 3 back-links from 8 PR webpages where as page B is getting 6 back-links, but from 2 PR webpages. As we can see page A is getting vote from more popular sources its page rank will be higher than that of page B.
|Increasing Google Page Rank|
How Page Rank Is Calculated?
Page Rank of a page doesn't only depends on the external links pointing to the webpage. It also depends of many other factors. Now I am going to point out those factors.
- External Backlinks
- Internal Backlinks
- Number of Do-Follow Backlinks present on the webpage
I have already explained the effect of external links pointing towards on page rank of you blog or website. Now I am going to discuss the other to factors. Internal links from one page of your blog to other is also referred as a vote of support, hence it also helps in increasing the page rank.
Do-follow links placed in your webpages or articles that are pointing to other blog or websites passes link juice or page rank to them. The more often you will give a do-follow backlink to other sites on your blog, it will lower your page rank. You can give as much no-follow links as you can as it will not pass link juice or page rank, hence it will not result in decreased page rank.
I think I have covered all the points that affects the page rank of your blog directly or indirectly. Now I am going make a list of ways to increase page rank much easily, promptly and in a safe manner.
How to Improve your Page Rank?
- Write Engaging and Viral content : Readers love to share articles that are interesting, solves their problem and are informative. Creating such content helps you to get your articles shared which in turn helps you to create backlinks for your blog.
- Creating High Quality Backlinks : There are various ways to get high quailty backlinks pointing towards your blog, for example Social Bookmarking sites.
- Online advertising : It is the best, safest and quickest way to increase your page rank, but your page rank will remain high only for the time for which advertisement is displayed. It means that it is not a permanent way to grow your page rank.
- Internal Linking :- As I mentioned above, internal linking plays an important role in increasing page rank of your webpages while page rank of your blog will remain same. It is useful in maintaining the healthy flow of link juice or page rank through out your blog. You can also revive your old blog posts through internal linking. It also helps in making navigation easier which results in high user engagement and helps to lower bounce rate.
- Social Media Sites : You can also use social media site in increasing pagerank. Although these sites doesn't directly helps in increasing Google PR, but they indirectly helps in creation of back links. So you must focus on increasing social media fan base
Now I want to ask you a question. Which of these following methods do you use for increasing your blog's PR?